Saturday 9 April 2011

Lifelong learners

After reading the article Digital Video Goes to School by Hoffenberg and Handler, one thing that stood out for me was the reference to lifelong learners.  As it turns out I am becoming one of them.  It is a term that I have used many times in my past as a sales rep for educational books. Back in the day, the books I recommended to parents were the ones that engaged children, offered hands on activities and were visually stimulating.  I encouraged parents to instill the love of learning into their children from an early age, I truly believed and still do that if our children enjoy the learning process then the learning will come more easily.


The article states 'the use of digital video is a powerful way to motivate students, energize teaching and link to community.' This is what we must do!  If digital video that is created, edited and presented by the students can achieve this then do not hesitate in using it.  


I have discovered from my son that this is so true - he has started blogging, he is using video, he is loving the process - not for homework, not for an assignment - he is doing this for fun! But I bet he is learning too!

Lumix+FT1+-+05
Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment