Thursday 10 March 2011

Don't hesitate, accelerate!

This catchy title is from a video created by Amelia Caldwell that I discovered while reading Matthew's blog. One of our tasks for Professional Experience 3 is to respond on our blog to readings, classes and other people's blogs. I must admit that I didn't get very far into Matthew's blog before I watched this video and it got me thinking, how am I to keep up, let alone accelerate, my learning in this field of technology? It seems that if you have a passion for it then you know about the latest and greatest.  I mean, my 12 year old son just seems to know stuff - how does he? Where does he learn it? How can I learn it at the same pace?


This may be an issue for many teachers and student teachers - children seem to learn this stuff by osmosis yet for me it doesn't come so easily.  Friends of mine may argue with me and think that I am quite technologically advanced (for someone my age) but I really need to accelerate if I am ever going to catch up with my own children and my future students.


a+celebrity+%5Bwater%5D+drop
Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment