Sunday 20 March 2011

World Wide Web no longer...

Read/Write Web is the way of the future apparently. Every week articles are uploaded for us to read as a part of the blogging process, and this week I managed to read all of them.

Firstly, Brian Lamb spiked my interest on the first page of his rather long and somewhat overwhelming article. We have been discussing the 'interactiveness' of technology and the idea of technology as partner in class and I referred to it in this post - anyway I am getting away from my point, Sir Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web stated "I wanted the Web to be what I call an interactive space where everybody can edit. And I started saying ‘interactive,’ and then I read in the media that the Web was great because it was ‘interactive,’ meaning you could click. This was not what I meant by interactivity." This challenges my way of thinking about the web and no doubt will become more relevant to me as my education continues.

Will Richardson's article was a much kinder read, he defined for me what wikis are and how we might go about using them in our own education and when we are educators. Stand out points in this article are the idea of "consumers of Web content need to be editors as well as readers" and how our audience may change the way we write and the fact that something I write can go from being for my teachers eyes only to being published.
All from the comfort of my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment